Thursday, June 21, 2007

New Dress


I was on my own tonight so I thought I'd play around with some cute patriotic fabric I bought. I dug through my sewing box, found some big red rickrack and some double fold binding tape in the same shade of red and set to sewing. This was my end result! So cute!! I was thinking of either selling it on my "one of these days ESTY shop" or giving it to my daughter. This is why I never have anything to sell in this "mythical shop" as well as why my daughter has too many clothes. I am quite happy with it. It's made in the style of a "pillow-case dress" but with a modified neck. I have always seen them with a draw-string kind of neck gathering and that always made me nervous, this way is much better. Now mind you I have actually made one of these out of an actual pillow case but have made more of them out of fabric. This one might be my favorite yet. I love the ruffles along the neck and the blue is actually a bit darker than in the picture. I love dressing my little girl in baggy old-fashioned kinds of dresses, the loose comfortable clothes that allow her to be cool in the summer and let her look her age all year. Everytime she's worn one of these she gets LOADS of compliments and everyone always says, "wish I had one of those" and I always think to my self, on her it's cute and a pillow case dress, on a grownup... it's a muumuu! Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Herbal Tonya here said...

hi aimee,

thanks for visiting the herbalway. i have a lot of fun writing and photographing for the blog. it helps keep me focussed.

unfortunately it you peel bark all the way around it does kill the tree. when mKing baskets we chose two trees from a very crowded grove this giving the remaining trees more space to grow into health trees. We also asked permission and gave thanks prior to harvesting.

enjoy blogging, t

Aimee said...

Thanks for getting back to me, and for visiting my blog! I am very impressed by the care that goes into choosing a tree, Very imspired and caring.