Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I've moved on to dolls



I shifted my crafting focus this week from dresses to dolls and made up a sweet little maiden for my ETSY shop. It's the third time I have used felting needles for attatching the hair and I am pleased with the result. I made her in the style of the nature table dolls I had been making, but made her taller and not based on a flower. She came out nice but I was a little nervous about posting her. She's not a doll for a young chile and an older child might miss the fun of changing her (her clothes are her body) so I don't know if she will sell. But I simply sat down without a plan and made her as I guess she wanted to be made. It was fun and in the end that is the point for me.


Then I got so inspired by how nice my maiden looked that I decided to go with my fantasy impulses and make a mermaid. She was a little tricky and had some design challenges and I am not going to be selling her because of them. I am going to try again and make her a sister to list on my shop. My daughter is loving her "fishy-lady" and I feel the usual satisfaction I feel when I have worked my way through some problems.

No comments: